How to Stop Snoring :
Snoring is the sound produced, while sleeping, due to the vibration in the respiratory structures.
1) One of the best ways to stop snoring would be to lose weight. This might surprise you, but weight loss reduces and even ends snoring.
2) Another way to stop snoring would be to lessen, better stop, smoking. It is said that smoking causes increased nasal congestion and mucous in the throat area.
3) Alcohol causes relaxation in the soft tissues and muscles in the throat, leading to snoring. Reducing the intake of alcohol can lessen, or even stop, snoring.
4) The ideal posture while sleeping would be on the sides. This would reduce the intensity of sound created while snoring.
5) Olive oil is said to reduce snoring. Take 2 to 3 sips of it before going to bed. This would lessen the noise and also stop snoring after some time.
5) Follow a regular sleep routine. Sleep at fixed times and get up at the same time. This is believed to reduce snoring.
6) In boiling water, place a bunch of sage and let it steep. Allow it to cool. Before going to bed, strain this mixture and gargle with the liquid. This will prove effective in reducing snoring.
7) Avoid having heavy meals or foods that are too spicy or oily, in dinner. They tend to aggravate the problem of snoring.
8) Elevate your head â€“ Try elevating the head of your bed four inches, which may make breathing easier and encourage your tongue and jaw to move forward. Sleep without a pillow (or with a specially designed pillow) to make sure your neck muscles are not crimped. It will help you to stop snoring.
9) Clear your nasal passages - Having a stuffy nose makes inhalation difficult and creates a vacuum in your throat, which in turn leads to snoring. Nasal decongestants or nasal strips may help you breathe more easily while sleeping. Antihistamines can help with allergies, but will relax throat muscles and cause snoring.